Tim Smith is a well-known Australian politician who was elected to the Victorian Legislative Assembly. He has been the state member for Kew in Victoria’s Parliament since 2014.
He is a former state and national rower who competed at the 2005 World Championships and earned a medal. Additionally, he became Stonnington’s youngest mayor following his election as a councilor for the City of Stonnington.
|Celebrated Name||Tim Smith|
|Nick Name||Timbo Slice|
|Birth Name||Timothy Joel Smith|
Tim Smith Biography
Tim Smith was born in Melbourne, Australia, on October 15, 1983. Timothy Colin Smith is his given name. Australian is his nationality. Smith is of White ethnic origin and his zodiac sign is Libra. Tim was born and reared in Melbourne’s Camberwell district, where he developed an early interest in history and politics.
Colin Smith, his father, is a former Australian lightweight rower who won eight national titles. He even competed in the 1974 World Rowing Championships in Lucerne with the Australian rowing team. Smith was nine years old when he enrolled at Rugby School in the United Kingdom.
He returned to Melbourne a year later to study at the Scotch College. This is when he began competing in rowing. Following high school, he enrolled in the University of Melbourne’s Ormond College, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in history and politics.
He competed for the Victorian and Australian rowing teams in university, competing against the Melbourne University Boat Club. Later in his career, he returned to the same university to earn a master’s degree in international politics.
He possessed the considerable ability, having received a Hansard research grant to study at the London School of Economics.
Tim Smith Height and Weight
Tim Smith is a handsome man in his late 30s with average body weight. He is tall at 5ft. 10inch and weighs approximately 68kg. He has a light skin tone, brown hair, and green eyes.
- Tim Smith began his career in athletics in 2002, when he was picked at the state level for the Victorian youth eight.
- He rowed with the team for two years before being chosen to stroke the Victorian lightweight four in the 2004 Interstate Regatta’s Penrith Cup.
- In 2003, he made his Australian rowing debut in the World Rowing Cup III in Lucerne.
- He then moved up to the Australian senior squad, where he won a bronze medal in the lightweight eight at the 2004 World Rowing Championships.
- He began an internship with the Canberra Press Gallery following his sporting career.
- He then became a member of the Liberal Party in 2005.
- In Australia and the United Kingdom, he worked as a political adviser.
- In 2007, he worked as a researcher for David Davis, the UK’s Shadow Home Secretary.
- He was elected as the City of Stonnington’s youngest mayor following his election as a councilor.
- He then worked as a strategy and operations management consultant for Deloitte and as a senior consultant for PricewaterhouseCoopers’ CEO.
- He became the youngest member of the parliamentary Liberal Party after winning the seat in the 2014 Victorian state election.
- In December 2018, he was also appointed Shadow Minister for Planning and Heritage, Local Government, Housing, and Population.
- Throughout the Covid-19 outbreak, he was also an outspoken opponent of the Andrews government and health professionals.
- Smith, on the other hand, resigned from the shadow cabinet role in October 2021. It occurred after he collided with another vehicle while driving under the influence of alcohol.
Tim Smith Net Worth
Tim Smith earns a solid living as a politician through his membership in the Victorian Legislative Assembly. Smith began his career in sports and never disappointed his team or continent, even representing the squad at the international level. Smith has surely earned a healthy sum throughout the course of his career as a member of the government for over a decade, and her net worth is estimated to be over $1.2 million.
Tim Smith Wife, Marriage
Tim Smith is a married man who has only been married once. His first and only marriage was to the lovely Sarah Smith. The couple has been together for some years and resides in Victoria, Australia. Smith was recently embroiled in controversy after he was arrested for drunk driving following an allegation of a car collision in Power Street by the Victorian Police. He was discovered to be inebriated due to a breathalyzer value of 0.131, which is more than twice the legal blood-alcohol level.
As a result, he was penalized under the Road Safety Act and had his license suspended for a year. He later claimed in a statement that he believed he was inside the legal limit when he left dinner on October 30, 2021, but the situation continued to deteriorate. He apologized to his family, colleagues, constituents, and the people of Victoria for the grave error of judgment in resigning as shadow attorney general.