John Douglas Torode, better known as John Torode, is a celebrity chef of Australian-British ancestry. He is well-known for his appearances on ITV’s “This Morning” and as a presenter on the BBC’s “MasterChef.” At the age of sixteen, he enrolled at a culinary school and began working for chef Terence Conran of the Conran Group a year later.
His early cooking career began at Aspendale’s Le Coq Au Vin restaurant, and he later apprenticed at various places in Beaumaris, both of which are located in Melbourne. Additionally, he self-published a cookbook, “The Mezzo Cookbook,” which won the 1998 James Beard Award for best food photography.
He is a restaurateur; he previously owned the Luxe and Smiths of Smithfield. John has also hosted a number of culinary programs throughout the years, including “New British Kitchen,” “John Torode’s Australia,” and “John Torode’s Asia.”
|Celebrated Name||John Torode|
|Birth Name||John Douglas Torode|
|Place Of Birth||Melbourne, Australia|
|Spouse||Jessica (m. 2000; div. 2014) Lisa Faulkner (m. 2019)|
|Source of Wealth||Celebrity chef career|
|Height||5 feet and 9 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
John Torode Biography
John Torode was born John Douglas Torode in Melbourne, Australia on 23rd July 1965. He is an Australian national and of Australian-white ethnic origin. Similarly, his religious conviction is in the Christian religion. John has celebrated his 56th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Leo.
Thus, his race is white. He is the son of his father, Douglas Torode, and his mother, Anne Torode. He has two brothers. When John was 4, his mother died and he lived in Maitland, New South Wales, with his brother Andrew, and his grandmother who taught him to cook. He then lived in Edithvale, Melbourne, with his father and his brothers, albeit his father was usually gone from home because of work.
John Torode Height And Weight
John Torode stands at an ideal height of 5 feet and 9 inches with a balanced body weight. He has good-looking grey hair and dark brown eyes color. John’s sensible thoughts with a good sense of humor greatly attract his spectators to their TV screen. Moreover, his body build type is average.
- John Torode sets out his cooking career at the age of 16 and he later started working at Le Pont de la Tour and Quaglino’s as a sous chef for the Conran Group under Terence Conran.
- Then, he cooked on ITV’s “This Morning” in 1996 and continued in that role until 2000.
- He debuted his cookbook “The Mezzo Cookbook” in 1998 which won the James Beard Foundation Award for “Best Food Photography”.
- Later, he opened his former restaurant in Smithfield, London in 2000, called “Smiths of Smithfield”. After a year, he launched a second restaurant, called Cafeteria, near Notting Hill Gate.
- As well, he has presented a show for the Good Food channel in the UK alongside former “Celebrity MasterChef” finalist Hardeep Singh Kohli, called “New British Kitchen”.
- He presented the 2014 series “John Torode’s Australia” as well as he presented “John Torode’s Argentina” as part of the BBC Two series “A Cook Abroad” in 2015.
- His 2016 show, “John Torode’s Malaysian Adventure”, aired on the Good Food channel throughout the early part of 2016.
- John, together with actor and culinary writer Lisa Faulkner, was awarded his own weekend cooking show in March 2019. They host “John And Lisa’s Weekend Kitchen” on Sunday mornings on ITV.
- The BBC television show “MasterChef” was reintroduced with a modified format and with Torode and Wallace as presenters replacing Gary Rhodes in 2005. Torode was picked instead of food critic AA Gill. The show soon inspired a spin-off, again presented by John and Wallace, called “Celebrity MasterChef”.
- Additionally, Torode has also co-presented “Junior MasterChef” and he has also been a guest multiple times on BBC One’s “The One Show”, “Alan Carr: Chatty Man” and “The Graham Norton Show”, and on ITV’s “Loose Women” and “This Morning”.
- John Torode appeared on the ITV series ‘This Morning’ and for presenting on the BBC series ‘MasterChef’ sJohn Torode appeared on the ITV series ‘This Morning’ and for presenting on the BBC series ‘MasterChef’
John Torode Net worth
John Torode has a net worth of £7million as of 2021 whereas he also gains a considerable amount of salary which is also in thousands of dollars per year. He has his own restaurants from where he is earning a handsome amount of money. John has not done any endorsement work yet. In addition, his major source of income is from his celebrity chef career and he is sincere in his work.
John Torode Wife, Marriage
John Torode is a married guy. He has been in a relationship with actress and “Celebrity Masterchef” winner Lisa Faulkner since 2015. The couple tied a knot on 24th October 2019 at Aynhoe Park, Oxfordshire.
The couple originally met when Lisa competed in the 2010 series of “Celebrity MasterChef”, but they were still married to their former spouses at the time. It was 2015 when John asked Lisa out on a date, and four years later in 2019, they married in Aynhoe Park in Oxfordshire in front of family and friends.
Their wedding celebrations were held over two days, with the happy couple having a pre-wedding meal on the eve of their big day. Regarding John’s sexual orientation, he is heterosexual.
Furthermore, he has four children from his previous relationships. The star was married to Jessica Torode for 14 years from 2000; they separated in 2011. The couple shared two children together, Lulu and Jonah.